Translate

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Goodbye to Taktse

We arrived in Delhi on Sunday night and have been doing a lot of sight seeing. We are missing the school as we came to feel so much a part of the Taktse community. It was a tearful goodbye with the staff and students for me. I so enjoyed working with them and learned so much from them as I gave away what I knew. My perspective as a psychologist has been changed deeply by this experience, and I believe I may not know how much until I come back home.  We will keep in touch via Facetime as I continue to collaborate with their teachers, new social worker and new Dean of Students. My greatest hope is for a Taktse student to visit us in Maine.

Thank you Taktse!
Dara with her 4th grade friends: Palden, Abshe, Sehezl, Rajashwari, Ahana





No comments:

Post a Comment